Thursday, March 1, 2012

updates!

Quick life update on what's been going on with me lately...

1. Praying for Corbin. One of my former students, Corbin, had a brain tumor removed on Tuesday, which was also his 12th birthday. He has had the tumor since he was 6 years old, and has always handled the side effects on his body with such grace and maturity. He is one of the most special and delightful kids I have ever taught and I will never forget him. When he was in my class, he was learning Braille on top of keeping up with all of his other work. He is such a smart kid and I am so proud of him. If you want to keep up with his story and know how to specifically pray for his recovery, please check out his blog.
Corbin in 3rd grade.

2. I am going to be an aunt to a NEPHEW in June! My brother and his wife Jessica had their big gender reveal party last week, and when they sliced into the cake, there was a stripe of blue frosting. Jess just had an instinct about that and had really felt all along it was a boy. I am SO excited about this and am happy that I can finally start buying presents!
We can't wait to be aunts!

3. Stella and Dot! This is really what I am most excited about...I hosted my first trunk shows this weekend and ended up with great sales! I am loving working for this great company so far - especially with the almost $500 of free jewelry that I just earned. If you are at all interested in getting some really cute, free jewelry, please let me know! Anyone who books a show in March, I am offering a deal where you will receive a FREE pair of the soiree studs...I LOVE these - they go with everything and you can have your choice of hematite or gold studs. S&D has found that more people attend trunk shows when they are booked 7-10 days out, so don't feel like it's too late to plan something for March. I do all the work - all you do is invite your friends and have some snacks out. Let me know if you want to talk about it some more.
Your choice - FREE as a gift from me if you book in March!

Hope everyone has had a great week! Please remember to keep Corbin in your prayers if you get a moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment