Friday, June 28, 2013

Nesting - Beauty Edition

"Real" nesting (like the cleaning, organizing, nursery kind) occurred really late for me compared to some people.  I didn't really start obsessively cleaning and straightening until last week.  I had a crazy work schedule this year, typically working 50-60 hours a week, and being pregnant on top of that didn't leave me much energy for getting things going in the nesting department.  Plus, I really don't like starting projects that I can't finish all in one doing, or at least within a certain, defined amount of time.  So, the nesting instinct was put off until late pregnancy for me and Aaron really took care of most of the nursery projects.

I did, however, realize that I am constantly looking and trying new beauty projects and regimens during my pregnancy.  I guess it was the type of nesting that I had the time for, and I started several new routines and fell in love with certain products/services over the past few months that I wanted to share!

I'll start with skin care...

My face was a disaster for about the first 7 months of being pregnant.  My chin was constantly broken out and I was left with several scars.  It's still not perfect, but it is definitely better than it was due to the Unblemish line from Rodan and Fields.  I have several friends who sell R&F products as consultants (Abby, Candess, and Traci), so I linked to their different websites below.



I also have been using Rodan and Fields microdermabrasion paste, which works wonders sloughing off dead skin cells and leaves my face feeling super smooth.  I LOVE this stuff!  I really like their self-tanner and lip shield as well.  I use all of my R&F products constantly - it is truly a great skin care line!


I have also been recently reintroduced to Arbonne from my friend Jamie who is a consultant.  They also have great skin care products, that are made of pure and clean ingredients and you can trust that whatever you are putting into your skin is good for it.  Lately, I have been obsessed with their Detox Spa line - especially the Re-mineralizing body lotion.  I typically would not spend this much on lotion, but it really does make the biggest different in my skin and lasts at least 24 hours.  I can tell a noticeable difference in how my skin feels when I use this lotion.


Arbonne's makeup primer is also a wonderful product - it leaves your face super smooth before you put your make up on, and helps the make up stay on longer throughout the day (which has always been an issue for me).  If you ever want to try anything from Arbonne, or host a little get together and get products for free, you can contact Jamie here.  Or order online and enter her ID number when ordering (11025199).

For both Rodan and Fields and Arbonne products, the prices listed are not always the deals that you can get, so I would suggest contacting the consultant to make sure you are getting the best deals possible.

Another new love of mine is Dry Bar.  There is one now open at Northpark Mall, and it is wonderful.  In case this is new to anyone, Dry Bar only styles your hair, and they have all different styles they can do.  They don't do cuts or color, though, just the style.  I got a blow out for two of my baby showers and was really happy with the way my hair looked and how it stayed so long.  I didn't have to wash it for 3 days!  They have fun movies playing to watch while you are getting your hair done, and it is very clean and cute on the inside.  

Dry Bar is where I was introduced to what is now my favorite hair spray.  This stuff does not leave any crunchiness at all, and really helps keep the humidity out of my hair as well.You can buy it at Dry Bar, and also on Amazon and I am sure a bunch more places.

Last, but certainly not least, my very favorite thing that I have been doing in the beauty department is getting prenatal massages from Katina Chapa.  She is located near Knox-Henderson, and she is the most fabulous thing that has happened to me in pregnancy!  I found her because I bought a Living Social deal and couldn't stop going back.  The best part is if you go back to her after the first time, the 60-minute massage is only $40.  It is a GREAT deal, and I feel so great every time I leave there.  (She does more than just prenatal too).

I really credit taking care of my skin and hair (and muscles from those massages) to at least part of the reason why I have felt great being pregnant.  Finding things that worked for me helped boost confidence and make me want to get dressed in the morning and put make up on.  If you know me, you know I always prefer to be in sweats and a ponytail, but these things have probably helped me not to end up as another victim on the "People of Walmart" website (at least I hope not)!

Thanks for reading, friends!
Until next time,

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment