Sunday, January 8, 2012

2011 - year in review

I think I will name 2011 "The Year of the Wedding". There was our wedding, of course, and with that comes about an entire year of thinking about it. But this year was extra special because we also got to attend the weddings of so many special friends (and were sad to not be able to attend some too). Some other highlights occured along the way too. 2011 was a wonderful year for our little family and we were blessed beyond measure. I can't wait for what 2012 will bring...maybe "The Year of the Baby"?? Just kidding if you are reading this Aaron! Here is a little 2011 recap in pictures.

January
Rang in the New Year at an Old 97s concert
Traveled to Houston to see my college best friends for Pam's wedding shower

February
Had the craziest winter weather ever in Dallas and got a total of FIVE snow days! Daily s'mores!

March
We celebrated the wedding of Aaron's sister Kim and her husband Ryan! They got married at the Old Red Courthouse in Downtown Dallas and it was beautiful.
Ran my first half marathon in the Dallas Rock and Roll! More importantly, I got to develop an amazing friendship with a coworker Jennifer through our training together after school. She has truly been a blessing in my life this year. This year, Aaron and I are running it together!

April
On Tuesday, April 12th, Aaron and I got engaged on a walk around White Rock Lake! I love our engagement story!
I got to go to Austin twice - once for Adrienne's wedding shower!
And then for Pam and Jason's wedding...absolutely gorgeous wedding at Camp Lucy in Dripping Springs.

May
4-wheeled in Mineola visiting Aaron's Granny on her farm
Watched a ton of Ranger games with Aaron and the fam...start of another great World Series season! I also finished up my 6th year of teaching - hard to believe!

June
On June 11th, my best friend Sarah Brewer married Brock Jeffus at Winfrey Point on White Rock Lake.
I also leased and moved out of my condo and in with my parents. It was a little sad to leave my cute little home of 4 years, but it was really exciting to have only 5 more months until I could move into Aaron's house.

July
In July, Carter and Mallory got married in St. Louis, Missouri at the Hilton at the Ballpark.
We also toured the Budweiser factory and discovered Shocktop!
Adi and Garrett got married on the same weekend in Crested Butte - it was a very sad day for me to not be there, but the wedding pictures are fabulous and I know the wedding was just perfect.
On July 16th, my cousin Caroline married John Mark and I got to be a bridesmaid again! Their wedding was at Park Cities Presbyterian and Bent Tree Country Club.

August
This month, it was Jordan and Brian's turn to get married! I absloutely loved their reception site at the Hickory Street Annex. Clearly, I have repeated this dress for many weddings this year...it is my spring/summer version of the purple plaid dress!
August was also my 10 year high school reunion celebrated at Mattitos. Unfortunately, this was the only picture I have from that fun night. I won an award for teaching in Lake Highlands...I think I actually gave myself that award. Anyway, we had fun!

September
We had our first wedding shower - a couple's stock the bar party!

October
In October, I had like 3 showers, my bachelorette party, and turned 29 and so sadly, do not have a single picture to show from any of it! I know pictures were taken, so whoever you are, I need those!

November
WE GOT MARRIED!!! November 26th - Park Cities Baptist and the Addison Conference Centre

December
Honeymoon in the Riviera Maya
The Todd Twins were born on December 7th! Welcome Ruth Keller and Liam Ross Todd!
Jenny and Adam got married on the 17th at St. Marks School.
And finally we celebrated our first Christmas together! We went to Mineola to celebrate with Aaron's family (along with lots of other family celebrations).

I feel like I need to take a deep breath now...you were super dedicated if you read through this whole thing! Here's to 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Becky! I love your blog. Just wondering - I saw that you guys had a stock the bar shower and I am throwing one for a friend in a couple months. Any ideas or tips would be really appreciated! hayley.f.wood@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete