Sunday, January 29, 2012

5 smiles - recipe edition

I swear I was going to try to update this blog 2-3 times a week, but life really got in the way the last two weeks. Oh well - I'm back to it today! My five smiles this week are all recipes that I have tried lately and loved. I hope they come in handy to someone! I apologize for not having my own pictures of anything - I somehow cannot remember to do that while I'm cooking. In no particular order -

1. Ina Garten's Parmesan roasted broccoli, from Barefoot Contessa's Back to Basics. It was DELICIOUS! Hands-down the best broccoli I've ever eaten, though I guess when you add olive oil and a little cheese to anything, it is going to taste better.

2. Tuna Salad Pockets, from the Better Homes and Gardens Eat Well, Lose Weight cookbook. This is one of my favorite lunches. I will make a duoble batch of it on Sundays, then it is so easy to just stuff into a pita pocket in the morning and go.

3. Crockpot BBQ brisket. We got this from our friends the Yoo's. It is so good - one of my favorite things we have made so far. We served it up on a baked potatoe with a little cheese and sour cream...not exactly healthy, but very tasty. Instead of all the spices, we just useed a bbq rub. Using the crockpot has quickly become one of our favorite ways to cook lately. It is so nice for it to be cooking while you are at work, and always has great leftovers so you don't have to cook for the next few nights either.

4. Speaking of the Crockpot - Three-Bean Turkey Chili, from the actual Crockpot cookbook. Really healthy since it uses turkey, and it is so good. Great leftovers too. Aaron actually made this one, and the one above...gotta give him credit for being a great cook!

5. Ina Garten's Baked Chocolate Pudding, from Barefoot Contessa's Back to Basics. I made this for our Christmas dinner dessert (we ate on our wedding china - very fancy). I am usually not even a chocolate cake person at all, but this is seriously so good. It is so soft and stays soft for days. It's kind of brownie-ish. I loved this dessert, but can't make it too often! ha!

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment