Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

I have to admit - this holiday can be more exhausting than fun when you work in an elementary school. But, we're still celebrating with a casual night in. Cue the heart-shaped pizza from Picasso's, grape and goat cheese salad (my fave), and cheesy bread. And candy from my sweet students for dessert (choice of Laffy Taffy, Pixi Stix, Reese's, and chocolates - sorry, A, I already ate the KitKat bar).

I got all Pinterest-y, with my help from my dear friend Marlowe, and made the "52 Reasons I love you" deck of cards for Aaron this year. It was amazing how easy it was to think of 52 things. I am so in love with my husband.

And when he got home from work, this is the loot I got - all my favorites - Laughing Cow cheese, chocolate chip cookies, Cupcake Red Velvet wine ("the most Becky wine ever" according to him), and a great Valentine's movie - Moneyball on Blue-ray.

In my classroom, we played a cute Valentine's Minute to Win It game. It is played with candy and SO cute and fun. We also danced to the Cupid Shuffle. Without a room mom, it can be trying to plan the party and execute it without any help, all the while trying to be friendly and not grouchy with the mess and noise. Whew! Here is the link to the Minute to Win It game...it was awesome!
http://stacyjulian.com/blog/?p=6710

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment