Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Weekend Highlights

I just love a good three-day weekend!  I so wish my attitude would be the same every Sunday, but I am just in much better spirits on a Sunday without an early Monday morning.  These were the highlights from the weekend.

On Saturday morning, I got to help host a baby shower for my cousin Caroline.  She is due April 3rd, so our babies will not be too far apart at all.  Caroline and her husband live in St. Louis, and I really miss her being in Dallas, so I am thrilled that I still got to be a part of her baby shower.  It was pretty easy - all I really had to contribute were the petit fours and punch!

The petit fours were from Casa Linda Bakery - they did a really nice job and I thought they turned out so cute (and yummy)!

The punch was adapted from something I found on Pinterest and we called it "Tickled Pink Punch".  It was delicious!  Really, I just threw everything in there - 3 cans of frozen raspberry lemonade, a few cans of water, 3/4 of a 2-liter bottle of Sprite, and mixed berry sherbert on top.  Yum!
Caroline has friends who are very talented in the decorating department, so they made the table look really nice. I loved how they used baby's breath for the flowers - so simple, classy, and appropriate.




Monday was my mom's birthday, and she got to go to my doctor's appointment with me to listen to Poppy's heartbeat for the first time.  Thanks to a friend's advice, I used the voice memo app on my phone to record it for Aaron too.  We went to get our nails done with my sisters, and then headed to Mi Cocina to celebrate (for the second day in a row - the Lamberth's really can't get enough MiCo).
She is THE cutest mom, Lolli, and friend I could ever ask for.  


So thankful for this weekend - I got to nap, relax, spend time with family, and hear our baby's heartbeat (which puts some anxiety at ease).  We are truly a blessed family!



No comments:

Post a Comment