Friday, September 6, 2013

5 smiles

It's been a great week in our house!  We switched over to the miracle blanket, per a friend's advice, and haven't slept less than 6 hours straight at night since!  Wednesday night, Hank slept a full 8 hours before waking up.  I feel like a new person from these few nights of better sleep - it's been a fun week!  Here are some other highlights from our week...

1. Hank got his ear molds and tape off for good this week!  No more plastic surgeon visits or sponge baths for this guy.  I was very happy to put this phase behind us - though, I will say it did go by fast. I took this selfie at the doctor's office since Aaron was out of town (I send him lots of pictures when he's gone) and I was super excited.


2. Catherine, one of my best friends from high school came in town from California with her little boy Amos.  I got to meet him when he was six weeks old, and she got to meet Hank when he was six weeks old!  These two were so cute together, and I can't believe how much Amos had grown.  We also got to go to JG's with Steph and it was really fun for us all to hang out with our sons.  Plus, I needed a trip to that skinny mirror.  It is truly the best mirror in Dallas.  Ok - that was random, but if you are having an off day, just go check it out.


3. I've been doing a little online shopping lately, trying to stock up a bit for when I go back to work and can't wear stretchy maternity pants.  Boo!  Anyway, there is this great blog Pinterest Told Me To that I have discovered recently.  The writer lives in the DFW area and basically finds outfits she loves on Pinterest and recreates them.  She gives great tips and the heads up on sales.  I have gotten a few of her "must have items" that were on mega sale at Nordstrom this week - her must have shirt by Pleione and this Kut from the Kloth white denim jacket.  Love both - super comfy and great for work!


4. Hank had a small sip and see this weekend and it had a cute bow tie "little man" theme.  He looked adorable in this Janie and Jack outfit, and we got a good family picture in!   It was a blast, and I will blog more about the insanely cute details of the party next week.

 
 5. Finally, saving the best for last, FOOTBALL season started!!  This is such an awesome time of year with football beginning and baseball still going on.  Hank looked adorable in his new football hat from Aunt Jordan and Uncle Brian, and was excited to hear me sing "The Eyes of Texas" to him over and over.  Hook em Horns!

No comments:

Post a Comment