Friday, September 20, 2013

Hank at 2 months



 Your chunky thighs are to die for!

My Sweet Hank,

You have had such a great month!  Now that we are out of the true newborn stage, we've really hit a sweet spot.  You are really the best baby - so happy and easy - and I am so proud of you!

You have grown a ton over the last month.  Today, we went in for your two month check-up and you were 13 pounds even, at the 70th percentile, and your length was 23 3/4 inches long at the 80th percentile.  Your head circumference was 75th percentile, so you are right on track in every measurement and we were so proud of you!  You are officially wearing 3-6 month clothes (except pants and shorts are still 3 month size).  You are such a good sleeper - I am incredibly happy with you in this department.  Three times this week you slept 8 hours straight!!  But, even when you wake up around 2 or 3 am, you just eat and go right back to sleep - truly knowing what is day and what is night.  I love you for this!!

You are happiest when your dad is playing with you.  It is so funny to see your face light up with the biggest smile ever when Dad tickles you or plays peek-a-boo.  It is easy to see how much you love him, and he is definitely the best at getting you to smile.  He even gets a good chuckle out of you sometimes, and that is the most wonderful sound in the world to us.

 I know you love me too, Hankster.  When someone else is holding you, but you hear my voice in the room, you always turn to look my way.  You are so comforted when I pick you up in the middle of the night to feed you, and it is my biggest joy when you literally hug my neck when I'm holding you. You are really starting to "talk" to me in response when I am talking to you, and I just love it!


Your favorite place to be lately is your swing.  One day when I put you in there awake, I left the room and came back to find you laughing at yourself in the mirror.  I don't know what tickled you so much, but ever since then, you are always looking up at that mirror and smiling.  You love the swing awake and you love it asleep.  We are VERY thankful for that swing - mom gets to take showers and get ready on a much more consistent basis now.
 This crooked smile just slays me every time, Hankster.  You have so many funny facial expressions - you make everyone laugh with your judgmental looks.  One day at the grocery store, a lady thought you didn't like her because you were looking at her like she was crazy!  I call it your "Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis" face.  And that is a reference that you will never even know of in your lifetime, but oh well!

You also still love to lay down on the changing table.  You do most of your laughing in that spot.  Right now, you think it is hilarious when I take off your clothes or diaper to change you.  We just sit and play there all the time because it makes you so happy.

 The things you love right now: Daddy, the swing and the mirror above it, the changing table, being swaddled in the miracle blanket, staring at your best friend the fan, peek-a-boo, and your mobile (and any soft music playing).


The things you don't so much love right now: loud, sudden noises (like Mom's sneezes or Nala barking), the nose sucker, dirty diapers, being hungry (no one does), getting shots (yowzers you can get loud), and when you go awhile without being held.


We are so in LOVE with you, little man.  We pray big things for you every day, but most importantly that you grow up to know Jesus.  Thank you for being the best thing that ever happened to your daddy and me (besides each other).

Love, Mom





No comments:

Post a Comment