Thursday, July 11, 2013

Poppy's Nursery!

 Mal and Jordan made this cute banner for my baby shower.  I love it on the door!

As we count down the days until Poppy gets here (not that we know how many days that is - let it be today!), we fall more and more in love with our baby's nursery.  It is truly the best room in our house, certainly the one we have spent the most time and energy into decorating.  I love it in there and even though it is finished and organized, I just like to go in and spend time.  All we need is our baby (and the rocking chair which is hopefully coming in soon)!

Here is a little nursery tour.
View from the door.  Light fixture from Pottery Barn kids.

 View from the opposite corner.

 And another corner view.  Plus a view of the amazing closets that Aaron built.  That used to be all one closet, and he made it into a closet with a door on the left and built in's on the right.  Baskets from Target.  Shelves from Container Store.

 Changing table.  I LOVE how our dresser and "changing table" turned out.  They were my old bedroom furniture that Aaron painted white and I got the new knobs at World Market.  We were so happy not to have to buy a bunch of new furniture, since this will all be useful down the road too.  Changing table pad from Pottery Barn kids, lamps from Target.

 Just a little detail that I love - I found this elephant bowl at World Market too.

 Little basket for the changing table - ready to go!

 Swaddle blankets washed and folded - just need a baby to swaddle up!

 Beautiful quilt that Nana (Aaron's sweet mom) made for us!

 Our crib, bedding, and mobile are all from Pottery Barn kids.  LOVE this Taylor bedding.  The white blanket was made by my best friend Sharon...I absolutely love it!  The pictures were purchased from Etsy and we found the frames at IKEA.

 Aaron IKEA-hacked this little side table from two IKEA lack side tables.  It is right next to where the rocking chair is going as soon as it gets here.  Seriously - such an awesome DIY.  Those tables are $7.99 each, so we got a great side table for $16!

 These cute shelves are also from IKEA.  Rocker will be right below these shelves.

 The frames and colorful animal prints - IKEA, of course!

 The rug is one of my favorite parts of the room.  It is also from Pottery Barn kids and matches the bedding, but it was discontinued and sold completely out back in December.  I had been so sad to not get it and was looking at other rugs online, but my mom surprised me and actually got it for me right when she knew I was pregnant!  Love this rug!

Paint color - Shaken Not Stirred from Valspar. It was our perfect shade of gray!

Well there it is!  I can't wait to put a little baby in there one day VERY soon!  11 days until the due date!


1 comment:

  1. so very beautiful becky! i love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete