Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Showering Poppy, Part 1

We have been so blessed to have several celebrations honoring Poppy.  My co-workers at school threw me an amazing bumblebee-themed shower back in May.  The craziest part about it was that they didn't even know about me and my love for bumblebees (not the real ones, but growing up, I collected bumblebee stuff and decorated my first few classrooms with bees).  The theme was "What will it bee?" and everything was super cute!  I loved the awesome bee hive cake, cupcakes, and the table center pieces.  The ladies who work in the front office and my co-assistant principal worked so hard to throw us such a fun shower, and I love working with such a great staff.







My fun group of friends from Yale also threw me a little shower - we all met up at one of our favorite Richardson restaurants for dinner, which was perfect - casual, laid back, and we just got to sit and laugh while we all caught up.  When I began my teaching career at Yale, I really thought that all of my blessings would come from the kids (and they certainly did bless me), but had no idea that I would make such amazing friends there too.  I met some of my very best friends during those years, and I could not be more grateful for my four years there.  We are friends from all walks of life, different ages, different life situations, but we always have a great time when we get together.  And, of course, in true Becky fashion, I forgot to take any group pics (I have GOT to get better at this when Poppy comes - Mom 101).

 The cake was probably the best part - poor Sharon tried so hard to explain to the bakery that the cake should say "Baby Stevens" and this is how it turned out.  We love Baby Bevens too! And that cute elephant!

Excited about some new wash cloths and burpy bibs!

Stay tuned for an AMAZING Stella and Dot sample sale!  I am getting all of my retired items together this week to sell and get ready for the new Fall collection that debuts later this month!  I'll be posting the sale soon!



1 comment:

  1. LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG DESIGN!!!! HOW FUN :) Did you do it?!?!

    ReplyDelete